Hi!

My name is Nick and I'm almost 2 weeks post treatment. It's been a roller coaster of emotions before, during, and after treatment. I impressed my doctors during treatment, being able to eat and drink normally and still taste food up until my last 2 doses of radiation. I took an extreme nosedive the weekend before those last 2 doses, becoming unable to talk, eat, or drink. I finished my treatment and 2 days later had to get a feeding tube put in. That was a week and a half ago and I'm still unable to speak for a full day and drinking even water is painful after a few sips. The mucousitis is really wearing on me and I have to empty a spit cup regularly throughout the day. It's been really disheartening to make it so far only to stumble at the finish line. I know it will get better, but it seems like it's taking so long to get there. I'm curious to hear if anyone else had a similar end to their treatments. Anyway, I hope you're all doing well and I look forward to connecting with some people who know and have been through this, same as me.

-Nick

Last edited by ngerecitano; 12-16-2018 10:34 PM.

-ngerecitano