Thank you Christine! It sounds like I can hope to be able to taste Easter dinner since obviously Christmas dinner is out! smile Thank you for the reminder about intake. It definitely is hard when you can't taste almost anything other than as if its all food covered in SALT. lol I'm eating and drinking portions like I normally would and am feeling okay.

I will say that I am taking Colace because of a friend's reminder. So many doctors don't think about looking out for that when prescribing the oxycodone or whatever pain med your on. So anyone on pain meds needs to be proactive in that area. My hospital was but once I started rads, nope.

Anyway, I start week 4 of radiation tomorrow and am happy that I had enough energy to write this! It's starting to get tough!

Laura Age 40
Tongue lesion on left side grew and was hurting in mid-August
Dx as squamous cell carcinoma on 9.18.18
Left Neck Dissection and tongue surgery, lost a fourth of my tongue on 10.1.18, tumor had grown to a T3
Margins were clear except front section of tongue margin had three stray cancer cells that were not in the tumor
Additional surgery 10.18.18 to remove another cm near where the stray cells were found
33 radiation treatments from Nov 2018 through Jan 2019