Hello, everyone. I have been lurking this website for a few days in hopes of seeking comfort and recommendations. Hearing and reading stories of survivors bring great relief to me which is why I frequent here.
Anyway, I have been exposed to the HPV virus recently. Long story short, the woman I was with broke the news to me that she was tested positive for HPV 43 (low risk) and HPV 51 (high risk). Prior to this knowledge, we have only been together for a few days before we "committed". I thought she was the one but in the end the relationship fell.

For the past 2.5 months, I have been going through anxiety and depression. I realize that a lot of people in my life and posters here have said to try and enjoy your life as much as possible. I am trying. However, there is this nagging "thorn" or thought that always comes back to remind me, "Hey, you are enjoying your life. But guess what? You may have contracted strain 51!".

September 28-29th were the days we "committed". Today is December 11th and I have already seen/spoken to 20 doctors specializing in ENT, Urology, Oncology and 1 psychologist. Ever since the event that has happened, it has cascaded itself in molding me to a hypochondriac and downright OCD. There wasn't a day where I didn't look at myself in the mirror to check if there is anything in my mouth. I hope to share my story in more detail later on another thread. Hopefully, I will have my questions answered.

It is great to know that I'm not the only one that is going through these hard times. Thank you for accepting me and have a blessed day.

Last edited by prayhope; 12-10-2018 05:58 PM.

Sep 28-29th - Possible exposure to HPV strain 51 and 43.
Oct. 18 - first HPV oral swab = negative | Oct. 25 - ENT checkup = cleared.
Oct. 26 - second oral swab = negative. | Oct. 31 - third oral swab = negative.
Nov. 06 - ENT = cleared. | Dec. 09 - ENT = cleared. | Dec. 10 - ENT = cleared.