Hi Virgo,
Thanks for responding. I have had a punch biopsy a couple of years ago when they first found the patch. This time, they are doing an outpatient surgery, putting me under, and removing the entire patch and closing the tongue around it. So the doctor recommended I take 2 weeks off. I have to let kids know something even if I am not talking cancer or what might be with them yet. One part of the white patch is thicker and harder, but there isn't any pain. Just it is there and I can sometimes feel it rub against my teeth. I think some of the "pain" I am feeling is psychosomatic and possible because I rub and prod my neck and jawline a lot. The surgery is with an ENT surgeon and I think part of my anxiety is that he recommended we take it off when I first had the biopsy done as a precautionary and I put it off. Now they are worried because it had a red flare up a month or so ago (which is now gone) and want it off sooner rather than later. I couldn't get in until the 31st (Halloween, what was I thinking) because of the surgeon's schedule. It is the waiting and feeling so dang alone that is messing with me. Every one has been supportive but they also don't get it. Thanks for listening.
Sara

42 years old, past smoker and social drinker
Lesion on left lateral of tongue identified and biopsied August 2016
Incisional biopsy outpatient surgery scheduled October 31, 2018
All biopsy results have been negative for cancer