It is CANCER and thats all that matters. Getting the right treatment and trying to get our lives back is the most important. My husband was a 2 pk a day smoker of Kools and HPV Positive. You can't tell me that the darn smokes had nothing to do with his stage 4 soft palate cancer. I had a pap and I I do not have HPV. I never even gave the HPV thing a thought. I know you can harbor that virus for years and I also believe that you can contract it other ways. My husband has had terrible fall out from all the treatment : Osteoradionecrosis of his Maxilla and 2 Heart attacks and the last was a massive. He is still going strong and pushes forward everyday. He still runs a business and takes care of us. We are flat broke and financially struggle. But all I care about is him staying healthy and positive! Your Health is Your Wealth! Bless all of the Warriors and their Caretakers!

Husband diagnosed 2/13 lower lip scc in situ 2 surgeries never scanned. 8 months later diagnosed soft palate scc stage 4A, tonsil and nodes involved. Hpv positive. Told by ENT small t1 tumor brought in to surgery for tumor removal and neck disection. Aborded surgery. Stage 4!! Finished rads and chemo Jan 2014. Grade 4 ORN of the maxilla, 30 HBOT , sinus surgery , maxilla surgery, buccal flap 4/2015. Doing good. 9-2015 red patch on soft palate , waiting to see.