Hi Julie.
I hope this turns out to be something very treatable.
I think a lot of HPV+ patients, get the Node lump, without having any pain whatsoever, including the lump That was my experience. Based on a PET scan, I had my lingual tonsils removed, but the biopsy was negative, and the primary was never found.
Not that your symptoms preclude a lingual tonsil carcinoma, everyone's history is unique.
Hopefully your ENT suggested or prescribed something to treat the GERD? If that clears up, at least you could have peace of mind that cancer is less likely.
For me, years ago, and my daughter, recently, the ENTs said to do a protocol of an acid reducing medication, such as Omnepozale. But it's good you are being proactive and doing your research, but the worrying doesn't help, you will see that a lot on this forum.

Enlarged left cervical lymph node in neck on 1/9/18. Male, age 60. Had retired from working as a computer technician and a project manager for almost 38 years, on 7/1/17.
Node was removed 1/16/18 and found to have SCC P16.
Chest xray clean.
Since then, PET/CT, slight activity left parotid, possible malignancy left lingual tonsil. MRI clean.
3 endoscopies, nothing seen.
2/26/18 Larryngoscopy,primary not found.
TORS 3/23/18 lingual tonsil biopsy.,biopsy negative.
Chemo/rads started 4/18/18.