Hi I’m still worried about all of this. The area that was biopsied is going back to the white color. Is that normal for tissue or does anyone know? Also still having the constant scratchy throat. Went to ent and they said maybe reflux was causing that so had an endoscopy done and there were no signs of reflux. Also endo guy told me reflux wouldn’t cause an irritated throat which is contradictory to everything else I have read. I have been upfront with all Dr’s about my alcohol consumption and it really feels like they aren’t totally taking me seriously. They are pushing rehab more than anything. I feel they don’t believe that 4-5 years of 8-10 ounces of rum a night is not enough to put me at risk but I should seek treatment immediately. It was a relaxing measure my husband and I would do in the evening. I quit right on the spot in January and haven’t looked back. I remembered I had a low iga level about 10 years ago so looked into retesting. It is still low and my igg has fallen significantly. The concern with the iga is it is what protects our mucous lined areas of the body. I also seem to carry at least a light variation of the gene that breaks up alcohol as I tend to flush when drinking. I have read some instances that these changes in the mouth can take time to progress. Several particular people who did have Oc were being treated as allergies and base of tongue cancer eventually turned up. So I’m just besides my self. Had colonoscopy since my dad had c cancer at 50. They removed a benign looking polyp which is now out for testing. I’m looking at my endoscopy pics and there appears to be a polyp in one of those but no mention in the report. Both procedures took less than 35 minutes total so again feeling a little unnerved. I asked the nurse if the doctor could call me when she did a follow up day after procedure. He hasn’t called. Is there anyone out there with experience of Oc from alcohol consumption and how they were diagnosed?
Thanks for hearing me out...it means so much!