Thanks Christine.
I'm not really sure why I didn't stay overnight, I was planning to. Actually, I thought it could be up to three nights. And I don't think it was the insurance.
As far as the aftertaste, this may sound somewhat speculative, but I think whatever is in my bloodstream at the time, is somewhat being perceived as a taste in my mouth.
Either coming from the mucus, or maybe just some slight seepage at the surgical site. So I am tasting the food and medicine somewhat.
I just got nervous last night when I woke up, and felt like it was something more then the mucus.
The big issue now is the sleep, I'm groggy, I didn't want to drive to the store, so I just used Tussin expectorant that I had on hand, and set up a humidifier. The house is extremely dry now.
And I will definitely try the pillows, I tried two, but I think I was leaning backwards too much. I need to be perfectly vertical. I thought I was turning the corner yesterday, but I guess some setbacks today.
I may hear from my doctor, I am awaiting a call back from his office on my followup visit. Biopsy results are probably Thursday.

Enlarged left cervical lymph node in neck on 1/9/18. Male, age 60. Had retired from working as a computer technician and a project manager for almost 38 years, on 7/1/17.
Node was removed 1/16/18 and found to have SCC P16.
Chest xray clean.
Since then, PET/CT, slight activity left parotid, possible malignancy left lingual tonsil. MRI clean.
3 endoscopies, nothing seen.
2/26/18 Larryngoscopy,primary not found.
TORS 3/23/18 lingual tonsil biopsy.,biopsy negative.
Chemo/rads started 4/18/18.