When doing online shopping using Amazon please remember to go thru the Amazon link on our forum. Start by clicking on the Amazon box or link before you shop, one little click will help OCF. Amazon gives OCF a small kickback from all your purchases no matter how big or small. This can be done any time of the year, not just for Cyber Monday or holiday shopping.

Many members are not aware of all the behind the scenes things the Oral Cancer Foundation does. The Oral Cancer Foundation is a very small nonprofit organization with a worldwide presence. We are so small we only have 2 full time office staff. Luckily we have hundreds of dedicated volunteers who work tirelessly to help us to spread oral cancer awareness, host screening events and our legendary OCF walks. The OCF forum is only one of the ways OCF helps oral cancer patients and their caregivers. We also print and distribute factual up to date information pamphlets, fund research studies (much of what is known about HPV today is a direct result of OCFs efforts with HPV lead researcher Dr Maura Gillison) and lobby the CDC to give the Guardisil shot to boys. We even have ongoing campaigns with dental hygienists (Be Part of the Change to do an OC screening on every patient) and with rodeo stars that educate youth about the dangers of chewing tobacco, and many, many other endeavors. Plus OCF has won many awards for giving factual medical info and being the best of the best small nonprofit organizations.

Please help us continue to help others by always clicking on the Amazon box when doing your online Amazon shopping.

Happy Holidays and thank you very much!!!

OCF Amazon link

PS...Amazon also offers their own charitable giving program called Amazon Smiles. I believe this option will appear when you get to your shopping cart (without using our Amazon link). Please try to remember to first click on the Amazon box (or link) before shopping. The AmazonSmiles program gives OCF significantly less. I think its .5% using AmazonSmiles vs 3% when you shop after clicking on the link or Amazon box. Thank you for helping support OCF!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma