Maybe this will help your husband to look at his situation with a different perspective. In 2009 I was diagnosed with my third round of OC in 3 years, Stage IV with survival odds being very slim. My doc told me to get my affairs in order. Being a single mother of 2 teenagers I figured the end was near and all I could do about it was to prepare my children for life without me in the time I had left. If it wasnt for Biran Hill telling me there really were some 3 time OC survivors still out there living good lives. Also, the kind members of OCF are who gave me the final push to get treated. They told me that I couldnt quit without even trying. They were 100% correct (also brutally honest)! Without Brian and all the members who bombarded me with pleas to get treated, I would not be here today. Its now over 6 years later and Im still here and Im so thankful for every single day. Yes, I have many "issues" and the surgery left me disfigured but I dont regret being treated in 2009. I do understand 100% about not wanting to have any more invasive and quality of life changing treatments/surgeries. But a good life isnt only about what someone looks like or has for dinner. I hope somehow, someway a treatment your husband is ok with will be an option for him.

Best wishes with everything!!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy