This was a post from a while back so I don't know if you'll see this but for what it is worth. My mom has the thing where her mouth pulls to the right. They are injecting fat into the area to help even things out a bit. They do warn that because of the prior radiation (2x) that it may not have as good a result as if it weren't in a radiated field but they don't anticipate that it will be worse.

Her mouth definitly pulls in one direction. I can see it. It doesn't seem that bad to me but it really, really, really bothers her. Then one day I was standing behind her in the mirror and I saw what she saw and I got it. What she sees in the mirror is so, so, so, so, so, so, so much worse than what it is in a 3 dimensional environment. And when we talked about that it didn't stop bothering her but she started to believe when people told her how much better she was looking that she was in fact not looking as rough as she thought.

There is nothing easy bout being disfigured and I won't even pretend that it doesn't suck, but from my experience it is probably worse in your head than in real life.

And the plastic surgeon at MD Anderson is totally willing to do surgery to help my 77 year old mother who's had rads on that side of her face twice. So you might have more options than you think.

Caregiver to mom Chris, symptoms started 12/18/13. Biopsy 1/18/14, Diagnosed t2n2 2/3 2014. 3x Carboplatin and Taxotere finished 4/21/14. Chemo/Rads 8 erbitux 36 rads began 5/12/2014. End 6/20/2014. Pnuemonia 6/23/2014. 1 month in hospital 3 in rehab. PEt NED 11/8/2014, T3 recurrence DX 3/4/2015. Hemiglossectomy/mandiblectomy 4/27/2015. 30 rads end 07/24/2015. 4 years NED.