reiki2
Member # 2543

posted November 25, 2005 02:45 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello, I am new to this forum and have lot's of questions. Hope everyone had a nice holiday!

My dear uncle just had surgery 2 weeks ago for his stage 4 mouth cancer. They ended up removing his jaw, lymph nodes of the neck and more than 1/2 his tongue. He said he will be on a feeding tube the rest of his life. The doctors said he wouldn't be able to talk and he can. Is there a chance that he may be able to eat? He will be going through radiation in a few weeks, I know this is going to be hell. I will be spending a few weeks with him (I'm from out of town) any words of advice on how to help him through this? Thank you in advance for your time.

Kim
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark, 21 Year survivor, SCC right tonsil, 3 nodes positive, one with extra-capsular spread. I never asked what stage (would have scared me anyway) Right side tonsillectomy, radical neck dissection right side, maximum radiation to both sides, no chemo, no PEG, age 40 when diagnosed.