Hi,

My name is Kelly Wilson. I live in Oklahoma and my daughter Tylar was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma of the right jaw in 2004 at the age of 6. She underwent chemo and also a 14-hour surgery to remove her tumor and reconstruct her jaw. They used a rib bone, but it ended up having to be removed after 2 months of battling infections. We are currently seeing Dr. Kenneth Salyer in Dallas, TX. He will be doing a reconstruction of her jaw using a leg bone within the next year. Tylar has been off of chemo since April of 2005 and currently has no evidence of disease. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me. It is so hard to find people with Osteo of jaw to talk to. I searched high and low when Tylar was diagnosed only to find two other people with her disease in the jaw. One was in Texas, a man in his 40s, the other in Hong Kong.

Tylar's cancer was primary, as she had not had radiation or another cancer before. When they removed the tumor, it was larger than anticipated. Her jaw was completely a huge tumor. The actual jawbone was thin as a sheet of paper. My hope is to help others who may face this horrible disease with information.

Kelly Wilson
Mom to Tylar Thomas - Age 8 - Survivor of Osteosarcoma of the right mandible