Hi RN77

My mother was diagnosed with Squamous Cell in March 2014. It was already stage 4. The cancer had spread through her jaw bone. Doctor said it ate through her bone like termites eat through wood. So yes I believe Squamous Cell can attack the bone. It sure did with my mom.

As for the Hyperbaric treatments . My moms primary tumor was in the rear of her jaw and spread to the neck. The cancer created a open wound so the doctor suggested Hyperbaric . The wound seem to be measuring smaller but my belief is the Hyperbaric caused the cancer to spread rapidly. The doctors wouldn't admit it but my mom went down hill fast once she started the Hyperbaric. So please make sure the cancer is gone before taking these treatments.

You mention the color changing from white to gray and green. I remember my moms turning the same color. The doctor would say it was dead tissue from the cancer .

Your doing the best thing with getting a biopsy and if it is cancer then please think twice before taking the Hyperbaric . I will admit if I could turn the clock back it would've been a different choice. Someone did mention here on the forum to not take Hyperbaric unless the cancer is completely gone. But on the other hand its hard to watch the cancer tunnel through.

I still read the forum a lot. It makes me feel better if I could offer any help regarding my moms Oral Cancer battle.

Heidi

Sweetpe
Caregiver
RE:My Mother
Age 70
Non Smoker
SCC 3/4/2014 Left rear jaw
Mandiblctmy 3/25/2014
35RAD Completed on 06/03/2014
MRI 9/3/2014
25mm lobulated recurrence left mandible/floor of mouth carcinoma
9/23/14 Salvage Surgery
MET(s)
9/23/14 Salvage Surgery Not Successful
Chemo Recommended
1st Round of Cisplatin Chemo Started 10/20/14
Cisplatin stopped 11/20/14. Side affects to bad.
Chemo started again 1/22/15 Carbo/Docetaxel
Passed Away April 22,2015