Quick update with some good news:

The clinic here at U of Wisconsin Carbone CCC is amazing. They got me into a full-body PET scan yesterday afternoon. My surgeon called at the end of the day to answer some questions I had phoned in, and told me the scan results came back with no distant metastases. So I'm happy to add the "M0" to my diagnosis line. And this preserves the TORS surgery option, which is looking better to me all the time. I see the RO tomorrow for another opinion, and to consult about follow-up treatment for after the surgery. With any luck we'll have a treatment plan decided by the end of the week, with a possible start date as early as next week. We can't move too quickly for my tastes.

By the way, they gave me some Valium (10mg) to relax for the procedure. I have to say that was pretty good stuff and I highly recommend it. For the first time in over two weeks I wasn't worried about anything. At least until the final four minutes of last night's Duke victory over our beloved Badgers in the NCAA finals. :o(

Peter, age 62 at Dx
3/27/15 Dx T2N2aM0 Tonsilar P16+ G3 SCC
4/6/15 Full PET clear except for above
4/24/15 TOLM tonsillectomy/clear margins. Neck dissection 20 nodes (1 w/cancer & extracapsular extension)
5/28/15 PEG in
5/27 - 7/10/15 Daily Radiation to 66 units cumulative; Cisplatin weekly X 7
8/24/15 PEG out
9/24/15 Full body PET - N.E.D.
12/22/15 CT and physical exam. Continued clear.
3/11/16 Physical exam. Continued clear.
7/12/16 One year post-treatment! CT clear.
7/7/17 2 years post - still clear