Oh Missy - I'm so sorry to hear of this sad turn of events and for all that you and your husband have had cope with. It's good that his parents are coming. I'm sure that together you can all help each other to make this sad time a little easier to bear. And do lean on the Hospice people, too - I've heard such good things about them and all that they do. Such good, thoughtful suggestions you've received above. I agree, time is valuable. Perhaps you could try and find out what he likes to do and help him to do it if he can. Sometimes it's the smallest or what seems like the most insignificant things that become important to do. When my ex-husband had been sent home from the hospital, during the last week before he passed, what he wanted most to do was go to Walmart in his truck. And that's what he and his wife did. Be good to yourself, too.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)