Hello everyone. I'm trying to get information for my Brother-in-law who is on Medicare and recently diagnosed with stage 3 cancer in his tongue and neck (also 3b lung cancer). He is scheduled to get all his teeth extracted this Thursday prior to starting his radiation treatment the following Monday.

My primary question is, who should be performing the extraction? But also is $4500 a reasonable 20%? That seems very high to me. And should they pay all their responsibility at time of service?

While I don't want to get into my sisters financial business I know they are not wealthy but do not qualify for most financial assistance. I worry they are so wrapped up in dealing with getting him better instead of questioning the costs. From what I've read here on the forum these costs will continue on far beyond the initial Rad and Chemo treatments. I want to help them with information and would greatly appreciate any advice you can share.

Regrettably my youngest brother had throat cancer too but didn't have extraction done before RT and now has only 2 remnants of teeth remaining. Blessings he is currently cancer free. We hope our BIL has better results.

Stay well,
Polly Levatino
Cherry Valley, IL
Two brothers in FL with Cancer - Throat SCC, Lung, Prostate
One brother in FL recovering from Throat SCC

Last edited by Tallrific; 09-01-2014 06:59 AM.

Polly Levatino
Cherry Valley, IL
Two brothers in FL with Cancer - Throat SCC, Lung, Prostate
One brother in FL recovering from Throat SCC