Wow... I am speechless and so sorry. frown I wish there was something more they would do for you... Perhaps they're worried about putting in a shunt or something as that could leave you open to infection and cause another whole host of problems. I know that makes no sense, in light of what you are facing but the medical establishment sometimes does nothing as a course of treatment. They could possibly have prolonged a friend's life two years ago by simply putting in a peg to help maintain her weight so she could go through a third round of chemo, but they dallied about until she'd lost too much weight for the treatment. They deliberately did this. I understand that sometimes they think they are helping by not prolonging the inevitable but this should be the patient's choice. I am hoping for a miracle for you and that you are comfortable. Please know that you are loved. Hugs.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan