So here is a solution and perhaps a funny story. Most angular chelitis is fungal in nature, and in oral cancer patients that cause outweighs others by a mile. So after recently having the flu for weeks, I developed pneumonia which had to be treated with antibiotics of course. Those in turn always cause me to develop candida blooms (fungal infection) in my mouth and requires Diflucan to get rid of. The angular chelitis is all part of that process for me. So it's a weekend, and while the corners of my mouth usually heal up in a couple weeks on their own, this time they did not. I couldn't stand the irritation of it any longer.

So I ask my wife to go to the drug store for me and buy me a tube of "jock itch" ointment, and then a tube of anti-itch creme for insect bites, and lots of other things. I told her to pick one that didn't have benadryl in it, but that has 1% hydrocortisone. She thinks I have lost what little is left of my mind.

Most crotch itch is fungal, so now I have a topical fungicide, and cortisone helps with healing and closing up fissures and the like. Mix the two together and rub it into the corners of our mouth and you have a home made remedy for about 5 dollars. Don't put it in your mouth please, just rub it in the corner. Works like a champ.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.