Hi David, thanks for the comment. Times change all things, as is said. It's not that I thought that I myself could kill this thing, it's more that as I learned a bit about this I was somewhat "taken aback" that the three oncologists I saw at a prominent CCC did not inform me that there was such a possibility as robotic surgery, proton radiation and clinical trials on therapeutic vaccines. I don't begrudge them at all. Each seemed extremely bright. But as i learned more I somewhat stubbornly came to the realization that what I was doing was not killing this thing and that i needed to make a decision about the alternatives available to me.
So that brings me to my question: one doc says robotics is not appropriate and the other says it is. Now, I've put my interests back in front of you at this forum for some info and guidance which I'm very grateful for and which has been helpful to this point. Soon, I guess I'll also consult a third doc to try to help resolve this issue.

DX in 12/2010. Stage 4 SCC HPV+ BOT swollen lymph. I've spent the past 3 years away from medical treatments. Instead I've focused on good nutrition, active exercise, singing, laughing, oral exercises and such. I've had neither pain nor discomfort. But I haven't been able to kill the cancer. So, I'm now considering robotic surgery and/or radiation.