Ho Jonelle,
Yeah, eating problems stink! It can be a real roller coaster, good days and bad days. I use to love to eat and still do, but it is some what of a job now, I have to work hard to eat. I also use to love to talk when i eat, not so anymore. I can either talk or eat, not both. I guess it is impolite to talk with food in your mouth anyway. Like so many others, your husband will have to deal with this new way of eating. Personally i think it is tough and does bothers me quite a bit, especially on social times. My friends are very supportive, never the less it still stinks! So I do have a mental list of what I can eat, at home or at a restaurant, and try to take each meal as a new adventure.

So I will leave you with a joke. All my guy friends think it is funny, my wife and daughters just roll their eyes. I aspirate all the time,until recently when I started to drink thickened drinks. So if I ate a hamburger, I would cough and always have hamburger coming out my nose! so things have been better over last month and last week I did eat a hamburger with no ham-buggers! ha ha get it!!!

Anyway, we all must go step by step and adjust to this new normal! I hope your husband gets a bit better...... step by step

Tell him no Ham-buggers!

Steve

70 male, athlete...again
SSC of undetermined orgin , early july 09
40 tx radiation, 8 chemo cisplatin and ebuterx
finished TX in mid Sept 09
Clear at the 6 year mark!
Back to swimming, biking and running! just a tad slower
never regained my weight, even when I eat lots and lots, just a skinny guy now

Just way glad to be seeing the green side up!