I think the mouth connotation might have to do with removing it so soon. He probably feels you'll be eating okay by that time with only minor pain so it's okay to remove it. That is what I would have gathered from that - there is minimal pain involved - I was tempted to save the trip down to the hospital and do it myself smile but I relented and had them remove it... Literally as everyone else said - a 30 second procedure. If it's sensitive at this point the pain may be a little more intense when they immediately remove it (we all have our own pain tolerance -- but is much faster and easier coming out than going in. it's a lot like a splinter, irritating and sensitive while in, but usually almost immediately much better when removed. I really only felt a tug.

Hugs... You'll be fine.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan