Well portland72 I am not sure what you mean when you say LINGUAL when followed by tonsillectomy. But when I had my ND the tonsil on the left side came out too. My surgery was on 9/11 and 10 days post surgery I thought I was doing well, didn't seem to hurt so bad. But and im sure you didn't want to see the but. But, I had a severe bleed that sent me back to the ER in an ambulance. The bleed was from the tonsil bed. So they took me to the OR to coterize the wound. kept me overnite then sent me home. So I had to start the healing process over again. being much more carful about over doing it. Now don't freak out too much because my chance of bleeding is higher than yours. Unless you happen to have low platelets as I do. I have heard that bleeding occurs in about 1 in 30 adults who have their tonsils removed. And now about 9 days after the bleed, the numbness from the ND is wearing off and it hurts badly. I got a hold of my doctor and he readily gave me fenytenal patches. about the strongest take home opiates that you can get. Now im not saying that you will hurt this bad as we are all different. And I am surly not saying to ask for the pain patch unless you are very opiate tolerant. But don't be tough and suffer in pain, as being in pain is a not good for the healing process. And it may effect also how much you eat. And as others will tell you as they told me when healing you should eat 2500 calories a day and at least 48 oz of water to avoid dehydration. So best of luck with your upcoming treatment. Shawn U.

. Radio/Erbitex:(35/6.) .6/13 RSSC with met.to left neck.9/11/13 MND with left tonsil removal.9/18/13 margins failed, .Dx Terminal. 10/22/13 Dx.StageIII Lymphedema. Carboplatin/Taxol, cancer progression,WECF
3/14/2014 given 2 weeks, 3 maybe. All the veins in my head are slowly leakinging due to Ehlers Danlos syndrome. lucky thing is that my spinal fluid leaking out my nose is slowing the build up of pressure in my huge, huge head. you would not believe.