so we know for sure what is causing the problem - it is bits of unnecessary code in a message that you cannot see. The code which the board works on is UBB code, which appears to be very sensitive to random characters in it. HTML mostly ignores them. MS Word is notorious for lots of useless blind code in the documents you create in it.

So now we are trying to figure out with the people that own the board software and license it to us, why in this new version of the software this has started happening. When I had a post that would not appear yesterday in UBB code, I sent it to Chester for him to look at. In the email you can choose to look at the source code as one of the selections, and there it was - four characters before a quotation mark that were gibberish to the UBB code. I though that choosing the HTMLand UBB together drop down which I have in my screen, was going to be a simple work around till they got this sorted out, (it solves the problem) but if regular members cannot get that in their drop downs it's not the solution.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.