Our cat (A stray) showed up on the scene after our Dog passed away. Our Dog was right by my side through the good and bad of surgery and six months later radiation/chemo. Even in failing health herself it was almost like she lived to see me get better. "Murray" arrived on the scene literally after Trixie passed away. As with most felines he has a take or leave it attitude, but when I got sick again a couple Months ago he's been right there with me, and yes David, he's on my lap in the recliner and almost on top of me when in bed. Funny, I've not heard of denying a pet but then again I never brought it up to my medical team and they never asked. My thought is they're an extended family member/caregiver! If they make a difference and there's no substantiating evidence as to why not then "Why not?"

SCC right side BOT/FOM; DX 1-25-06; Neck dissection/25% of tongue removed 2-17-06. Stage 2 Recurrence 7-06: IMRTX35 & 3X Cisplatin ended 10-18-06. Tumor found 03/18/13; Partial Glossectomy 03/28/13 left lateral tongue. Nov. 2014; headaches,lump on left side of throat. Radical Neck Dissection 12-17-14; Tumor into nerves/jugular; Surgery successful, IMRTX30 & 7X Erbotux. Scan 06-03-15; NED! 06-02-16; Mets to left Humerus bone and lesion on lungs-here We go again! Never, Ever Give Up!

**** PASSED AWAY 10/8/16 ****