I came across this website while researching oral cancer. I have a white blister like thing on my lower gum in front of my front tooth. I don't know how long it has been there. I am very paranoid of getting any cancer. I lost my mom 2 months ago to pancreatic cancer, she had previously survived breast cancer, and uterine and cervical cancer so this was her third cancer. Cancer is all I can think about and that is why this white bump scared me to death and I went on this site. I smoked for 21 years and quit just 2 weeks ago because I do not want to end up like my mom.
So I am here to say hello, introduce myself in case this white blister type thing turns out to be something and to ask your opinion of this white bump.The bump does not hurt at all, also it might help to mention that a few weeks ago I was on antibiotics for strep throat and I figure if that bump was due to an infection caused by tooth decay the antibiotics should have taken care of that but it did not. I made an appt with a dentist but the earliest I could get in is October.

Sharon