Hi ALL,

Still trying to understand how and when to post on this site. I got some PM and apparently I posted on a 5 year old post my first time. Oops. I really appreciate all your feedback, I knew my first and second week would give me a totally different feel than my 6-7th week. I am having juice - my wife juices: Kail; Spinach; Green Apples and Carrots daily. It doesn't taste bad and my goal is to force this down everyday 3x/day. My only side effect after week 1 is a lump under my jaw that isn't causing pain but it does effect my range of motion in opening my mouth. I know that if it gets impossible to eat then a PEG will be necessary but my personal goal in all of this is to avoid at all costs within reason. I am in healthcare, so I know without proper nutrition, it could effect many other areas of my body. Thank you all for the feedback, we are all in this together! God Bless each of you, patients and caregivers. I lost my Mom, December 11, 1993 from Breast Cancer, I wish there was more computers/websites back then and support for her, my way to honor her is to fight this and live another 30 years. I am so thankful for this website and the people involved. Carpe Diem!

3/20 Lymph Nodes (+)
Cisplatin/6600 Radiation - Began December 3, 2012 - 7 weeks