Kelly

Once again thanks for responding.You are always very helpful.

1)I ask about having the treatment off trial but that does not work for Kaiser says someone in Atlanta can do it. Again,that would be fine with me but I do not know if someone in Atlanta, where I have been told I would have to go, can do it as good or better and I have no idea as to how I can determine whether the person at that hospital can do it as good or better than can be done at UPMC.I assume UPMC has a good trial going but who knows for sure.

2)You were probably not treated based on Medicare and being off trial probably was acceptablle to your insurance company and perhaps the treatment could not be done by someone in you home state. However, I imagine UofM could not or would not do it using cyberknife. I have just discovered, about an hour ago, that the treatment I came here for is not Medicare approved. Now I wonder why I was told to come here. If I would have been innformed of this before I came then I would not be here.

3)I ask if Dr. Heron could call the Atlanta Dr. to discuss my case. Initiallly I was told tht would be a yes. Now I am being told it would not be appropriate for him to call the Atlanta
doctor. I talked to My Kaiser doctor and he said the Atlnta Doctor would be glad to talk to Dr. Heron. I have passed that on to a UPMC rep and, as I understand it, the UPMC rep is going to call my Kaiser Doctor to confirm that what I told them is true. If confirmed to be true then Dr. Heron will call the Atlanta Doctor. We'll see!

4) It seems UPMC has nothing that will help someone like me. I have ask that question and it seems it has beenn looked into but nothing comes up.

5)I thought that was a good idea and I ask the same. That is why I am hoping the Atlanta Dr and Dr. Heron will talk. I feel like you that UPMC proably has the best equipment and technique but who knows and how would I ever know. I guess what happens depend upon whether both Doctors agree upon what would be in my best interest.

Last edited by nocam; 10-17-2012 11:36 AM.

2010 sore throat
Jan 2011 ENT no prob
Jun CAT no prob
July PET
July biop pos
July PEG

HPI (1-3) T2N1 squamous cell carcinoma right tongue base treatment chemo/XRT end Oct 2011.
Jan 2012 PET neg
June PET-18mm mass right tongue base pos to 7.2 SUV no nodes pos
July MRI.
July bio pos