I just wanted to give an update since everyone seemed so "anti kinesio tape." Within the first 5 days I could feel the left side (the side they removed my lymph nodes from) of my neck again. I haven't been able to feel my neck in months. All the lymph then drained to under my neck. Me being me, I just left the tape off for a week to see where it got me. All the lymph stayed under my chin. I'm on day 2 of replacing the tape. It basically has 2 flaps, one goes under my chin the other goes down to my collar bone. I was much more swollen 2 days ago and I can already tell the lymph is starting to drain. I'm still going to be doing the massage and I try to do it myself but because I was unable to get as many appt's with my physical therapist this month I figured it couldn't hurt to try the tape.

I'm a believer. It has helped me tremendously, much faster than the massage ALONE helped. I'm really happy I decided to try this because I was in quite a bit of pain and back at work so, like I said, it's been hard to get into the PT. Not to mention I work in Retail Sales and people are much more nice and willing to buy stuff from someone with some weird tape crap on her face. LOL Just kidding...kinda. smile

MissBazinet

Female, 37 yrs old,Non-Smoker/Social Drinker, HPV-
T3 N1 M0 SCC Dx 11-10-11
11-23-11 Left Hemiglossectomy
11-30-11 Modified Radical Neck Dissection
01-25-12 Removed another spot on BOT, skin graft (left thigh)
38 RADS Tx Finished April 13, 2012
Fall 2014 - HBOT due to wisdom teeth extraction post radiation