I too really think what you are feeling is because of radiation side effects, or a combination of radiation and surgery. I'm past a year now from treatment, and I have those kind of things happen, not all the time, but some days. I agree with Cheryl that the massage helps the swollen face, neck, tongue. A physical therapist who worked with me said I should touch my neck periodically especially when I feel it is swollen because what we feel and what is are often two different things. By touching my neck I can reassure my brain that my neck is essentially normal, well you know, new normal, but not swollen like I think it is. The PT said our minds perceive things being wrong because they don't match what our previous normal was, and the sense of touch restores an impression of normalcy. Interesting. It does not work all the time, but some of the time.

It's hard because we cannot ignore symptoms that might be a recurrence, but on the other hand often what we are experiencing are side effects of treatment. When in doubt have it checked out! (which you are doing)

Best,
Anne

SCC tongue 9/2010, excised w/clear margins:8 X 4 mm, 1 mm deep
Neck Met, 10/2010, 1 cm lymph node; 12/21/'10: Neck Diss 30 nodes, 29 clear, micro ECE node, part tongue gloss, no residual scc
IMRT & 6 cisplatin 1/20/11-2/28/11 at MDA
GIST tumor sarcoma, removed 9/2011, no chemo needed
Clear on both counts as of Fall, 2021