I had a tumor in my tonsil removed in November of 02. I then did radation treatments starting in January for 6 weeks. I was bouncing back well 3 weeks after surgery, however, after only one day of radiation, I was already beginning to experience severe effects, in fact the radiology team thru my treatment said it was as if I was also having chemo, but I wasn't. The huge problems after surgery and thru treatment was mega phlegm, which some call effects of salivary glands. It was a constant battle for me gagging and relieving enormous, not little, amounts of heavy heavy mucous. That for me was thee monster of my recovery. I have minute phlem activity now, however, no saliva at all. Radiation destroyed those glands and I am takimg the drug salagen hoping to restore some of it, I am hoping for a miracle as it is hell without saliva. I am out of radiation for 5 months now, but still experience enormous fatigue. Anyone ou there relate/ I am off the feed tube and eating, however my throat is still very sore. I am much better than I was, but still feel a long way from "normal" Who know is at will EVER be again. Does it ge better? I get tingling in my hands and sometimes in my neck. Somne say this is a d=side efffect of radiation. Does anyone know about this? One more thing the doctors failed to inform me of....this has been ,for me, a learn as I go along experience. I tried to work again full time, but I got too zapped, hit a wall and set me back. I was getting bouts of energy before, now I am very fatigued again. Can anyone out there talk to me and shed some light as I have been dealing with this all the past 10 months and never even knew there was a website until now. Please advise, anyone!!!!!