@Gabe..Cheryl is right...Manuka honey is not allowed to be sold in WA due to it's strict quarantine regulations! How honey in a jar can harm our bees or environment is beyond me!! I have bought another honey called Jarrah honey which claims to have the same properties as Manuka..tried some today and it actually lessened the pain. However,I am a bit worried about its impact on teeth as my dentist told me that honey causes cavities.

@Cheryl, any light you can shed on the matter?? Glad to hear that your swelling has subsided. It's crazy how every bit of swelling, pain etc can send us to overdrive...hate this illness!! My cheek is puffed out too...that with my Marge Simpson voice and battered neck is a sight to behold!!

Hugs xxx

Liza

SCC of the Buccal Mucosa (R cheek)- T1N0M0.10 hour Surgery on 27/9/10 involving resection with freeflap from radial forearm..clear margins. Neck dissection..negative nodes.Trachy, NGT, no rad or chemo needed at the time. Neck lump positive for SCC..again! MND 14/2/11. Waiting to have chemo and rads