No, it is $70 a day...we checked. Believe me! We called the Dr. back and they said Ensure plus would be fine...insurance won't cover but it is only $10 a day...not $30 like the Jevity would have been. Geesh. We have to keep the 8 days worth they sent...so I am eating $240 of food in the next 8 days. Highway robbery!

I did get HAP (hospital acquired pneumonia and they killed me with antibiotics...the Jevity has stuff to help get your stomach back to normal...so the first 8 days will help but heaven's to betsy!

It was going to be $986 for the first 30 days. Once my out of pocket was filled they would cover it all...but that is $5000 so don't really want to go that high either!

Thanks for commenting, if we had read it wrong I would certainly want to know.

Otherwise, does anyone know if Carnation VHC or Ensure Plus might be better for me?

Having a hard time sleeping with the neck stitches and trach strap. I am pretty darned miserable right now...but tomorrow is another day.

Michele in IL

Female - 53 no smoke/drink
tongue Biopsy 8/2010
Surgery 9/21 for SCC left side tongue stage II. Prtl removal tongue/left side lymph nodes. All Clear
Radiation started 11/2, ended 12/17
Lymph node involved left side along with gum involvement 2/9 Fibular flap failed 2/22.
passed away 1/12/12