Hi,

My name is Nathan, I am 27 and recently became a part of the good fight my friends. Needless to say I have never felt so alone and scared in my entire life. I noticed a cold sore on my tongue about 2 months ago and tried treating myself with salt water and peroxide as I did when I was a child. This time it did not go away and only got bigger and a throbbing pain I cannot begin to describe.

As I visited a doctor he diagnosed it as an infection,gave me anti-biotics an sent me on my way, the problem got worse. The next visit he took a culture of the sore and diagnosed it as fungal then sent me on my way. About 5 days later I could barely eat and went in for a biopsy which came back positive as squamous cell. I have no health insurance and no one would touch me with a ten foot pole.

So I basically faked an injury to get into the county ER to have them CAT scan me as well as blood tests and x-ray. Finally after 14 hours a real doctor came in, took another biopsy and said from the look and feel she predicted me as a stage II. My mom has fallen a part as well as my fiance, now I am losing it and have no clue what awaits me. I have smoked and drank consistantly everyday for about 6 years now, I need guidance please before I lose this war. I have been sober 12 days and nicotine free for 9, my appointment for the consultation is tomorrow and I am scared of what they will say. Please, I just need someone Ican talk to, I feel shattered.

SCC left lateral tongue, left neck dissection. 2 nodes positive. 3 All Clear then ITS BACK 8/23/11 Shows 1cm in tongue in CT SCAN, Radial Free Arm Flap with Radical Neck Dissection 9/20/11 , All Nodes Negative, But Tongue Tumor Poorly Differentiated. Awaiting next step in treatment on 10/5/11... RIP Nate 7/28/12