So glad you're here, Deitra. You will find a tremendous amount of support and information from people who've had similar experiences to yours. Cancer is a scary thing to have to face but the more you find out about it, the better prepared you will be to get going on surviving this. I've been a caregiver to my son who is a survivor and his experience is dfferent from yours, but there are lots of compassionate and knowledgeable people here ready to answer whatever questions you have and I'm sure you will be hearing from them soon. The main page at http://oralcancerfoundation.org/ has specific information on diagnosis and treatment and is a tremendous help in being able to ask questions and get the answers you need. Please keep us posted and let us know how you are doing.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)