Dearest Lori
i once heard that god doesn't give us more than we can handle.When i heard it i thought "what a crock".
This proves my point!!!This is cruel and unfair and you are right,that ball sure has hit you square on.It has knocked the wind right out of you and your'e on the floor.It is so much easier to pick ourselves up dust ourselves down and come out fighting for those we love .The fear of loss is so huge that no matter what we just have to keep on going day after day.

You lost Ron.I lost Robin,and it made my hatred of the disease all consuming.Lori please please please use that hatred now.Use it to pick yourself up and come out fighting.Use the pain of your children to give you the strength and the courage to fight it again,and don't leave this forum.You need us and we will be here.Your kids need support .Let them join and use us ..your friends to help them through this dreadful time.Colon cancer is not like oral cancer sweetie,all the money and research thrown at it has made the outcome so good in such a huge percentage of cases.You can do it honey.don't ever doubt that.

love and hugs liz

Liz in the UK

Husband Robin aged 44 years Dx 8th Dec 2006 poorly differentiated SCC tongue with met to neck T1N2cM0 Surgery and Radiation.Finished TX April 2007
Recurrence June/07 died July 29th/07.

Never take your eye off the ball, it may just smack you in the mouth.