Uncle Vern.. you sound a lot like this old guy. I never listened to the Drs either and tossed the morphine plus a few more. Sure My mouth still feels like the team with the steel spikes playing a game of soccer or football in it. But the rest of me feels like about 17 or 18. I take muscle milk an hour bnefore I work out and it seems to help a lot. Wish it would add some of my 220 lbs back too. I cleaned a couple of inches of snow out of my driveway this morning and then put ice maekter on it. Cleaned my daughters car off I am selling for her and then cleaned the garage and washed clothes. LOL Mabe I am just hyper. Tell your hubby to read Vern'st and maybe even mine. We want to live and act like we do. There are way more than us on here like Charm, Christine and alot more. We are all toughies here and tell him to join us.

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here