Hello,

My husband is on day #17 of radiation and has had his 2nd chemo last Thurs the 2nd of July. He isn't on any heavy pain meds except Tylenol occasionally. He definitely can't remember things said or what he was doing. Seems sporadic and his short term memory affected. He is really tired and has been sleeping non- stop since this 2nd chemo treatment. It could be b/c he is so tired that he can't remember anything. I have to watch him b/c before I went to work last night. He wanted meds for constipation. We had one med that wasn't what he should take. We discussed it and I said I would get a diff. med in the morning. So it takes it anyway and was up all night with the runs and completely dehydrated in the morning. Just what he needed! He had no recollections of our conversations not to take the meds. He also felt his memory was compromised after the last chemo treatment. So I guess it is different for each person but for us the memory loss is very noticeable. He is also very nauseated the first round of chemo but the 2nd round he adjusted his anti-nausea meds and has no problem with that.

Jeff age 49 DX 5/8/09 Tonsil cancer T2N2BMO. Tonsillectomy 5/14/09. TX: Cisplatin 3x's every 21 days w/ 33 Rad concurrent. 2-3 nodes on right neck affected. PEG 7/10/09. Chemo/rad start 6/12/9, TX finished 7/28/09. Extended TX
3 more chemo/Cisplatin/5FU/Docetaxil start 9/11, Clean PET 10/29/09.