Jeani,

Welcome and I too didn't find this site until after all the fun was over!!

I was 58 at Dx and I'm now 61 and we have discussed the memory issue often in the 3 years I've been here and really, like everything else associated with this cancer and it's Tx, it just depends on the individual.

Speaking for myself, I felt like my memory was affected, especially short term memory post Tx. It may very well have been what we refer to as Chemo Brain or the mental affects of the whole ordeal or both, who knows for sure? Today I feel as if my memory is not like it was pre Tx but again I'm 3 years older so who knows again?

None of this is anything more than a tiny nuisance except if I forget to get something I PROMISED MY WIFE I WOULDN'T FORGET! She used to take my side affects into consideration but she's a little quicker to get upset now.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.