Donna,
My earlier comments were more about our political system in the US, which is basically corrupt and driven by special interests. I researched your concerns and discovered some very interesting facts about the hospital morbidity data for Canadian hospitals and it is significantly lower than the US. Life expectancy is higher as well - quite a bit higher in fact.

But would I trust the government to institute a Canadian style health system here? Not on your life - they have already pillaged the social security fund and if they ran into a pot of gold like the health care system they would pillage it too. Frankly, in some respects I think we would be better off with a benevolent monarchy instead of a 2 party system that screams "CHANGE" every 4 years and ALWAYS for the worse.

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)