I was posting the following reply to Gary's reply to my post when magically his reply disappeared (anyone confused yet??). I have decided to post my reply anyway - just to clarify what I said the other day about "distortions"

The distortion I referred to is the comment about "more cancer centers in California vs all of Canada" which certainly carried a tone/implication that due to that simple fact - Canada was some how deficient. My point is that the entire country of Canada has 33 million people vs the 36 million who reside in Californa (based on your 2006 census). Therefore on a per capita basis one would EXPECT more Cancer centers in California.

I apologize if anyone took this personally - as I said I believe both systems have their pros and cons.

Donna

Donna,69, SCC L Tongue T2N1MO Stg IV 4/04 w/partial gloss;32 radtx; T2N2M0 Stg IV; R tongue-2nd partial gloss w/graft 10/07; 30 radtx/2 cispl 2/08. 3rd Oral Cancer surgery 1/22 - Stage 1. 2022 surgery eliminated swallowing and bottom left jaw. Now a “Tubie for Life”.no food envy - Thank God! Surviving isn't easy!!!! .Proudly Canadian - YES, UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE IS WONDERFUL! (Not perfect but definitely WONDERFUL)