dan,
my sister is pretty angry too, and when she's not angry, she's depressed. this is taking a lot of her energy and wearing down everybody around her as well. i figure there is nothing to do, really. i think she has every right to be angry and sad at the way her life has spun out of her control, at the multitude of limitations, pains and frustrations she has to deal with every minute, without any substantial relief. i figure anger and sadness are part of the deal and she has to work her way through them. i find it really difficult to negotiate between the right to be angry and the need for peace. i figure this is a rough road and each of us are doing the best we can to cope and to maintain a zest for continuing the walk. i can see how difficult this all should be for you given your role and family responsibilities. perhaps the grounds you recently landscaped could be a source of solace. i find that gardening, having my hands in the soil, grounds me, literally and figuratively.

sending positive thoughts your way.

gita

sister diagnosed 11/03 SCC maxilla keratenizing stg IV T1N1Mx; 4-7 positive lymph nodes; dissection 12/03 left upper pallette removd; radiaton left side 35 sessions 2/04-4/04; recurrence same side 4/04; chemo began 5/04 incl cisplatine, 5fu, taxotere