Hi Gail, Sue, Jessica and JAM,

Thanks for the words of welcome and votes of confidence for our choice of cancer treatment center. I'm taking seriously all the advice about trying to keep myself healthy, but finding it easier said than done.

JAM used asked about my kids and their emotional well-being is a huge concern of mine. My oldest is 17, a graduating senior, who has been suffering from panic attacks for about 15 months now. She had her first attack a few months after Jeff finished treatment for his first round with this cancer. (Coincidence?) Anyway, we've been getting her help (meds and counselling), trying to get her in good enough emotional shape to make the transition to college next year, and she's been doing fairly well, experiencing what I assume are normal worries about her father's health, as well as her own, (i.e., if Daddy has cancer maybe I do too), but last night had her first mini-attack in a while.

As for my younger daughter, she's 14, and is a very self-contained person. It's truly hard to tell exactly how she is doing with all this. She's complaining about being tired seems to be losing interest in school, which she used to really like. But, then again, she is in her last year of middle school, with one foot out the door.

I'm just so concerned about how all this will affect my kids, I may sometimes be guilty of seeing more than is really there. After missing the development of the anxiety disorder in my eldest for a while, I don't want to overlook any emotional issues for them. P.S . Can you tell where my eldest gets her tendencies for anxiousness from?