Welcome to OCF! Please do yourself a huge favor stay calm and avoid Dr Google. It sounds like Dr Google is fueling your anxiety by taking you from having a sore to not being here for your family.

Im sorry but I only know how the medical system works in the US, so Im writing this in that way. Find yourself an ENT who specializes in treating oral cancer patients. You do not want the type of ENT who mainly puts tubes in kids ears. Its likely you will have a few visits until you know what you are dealing with. An experienced ENT should give you a thorough oral cancer exam. They can only give you an educated guess as to what the sore is. Only thru taking a tiny tissue sample (biopsy) will they know for certain. Even with years of medical schooling, clinical practice a biopsy is necessary. Its not possible for a patient to diagnose themselves by matching online photos so please convince yourself that you do not know what it is but you will find out. Earlier I advised you to try to stay calm. Its likely to be a few weeks until you get the results.

I know its not easy to stop worrying. All the worrying in the world will never change a test result, it only makes you feel bad. All that extra stress you are burdening yourself with is NOT helpful in any way. At this point its way too early to be upset about having a poor prognosis. The sore could be any number of minor things which are easily treated. I also recommend leaving the sore alone, dont poke it or keep rubbing it with your finger or tongue. Take it step by step, one day at a time. Try to stay super busy so the time passes easier. Repeat as often as necessary... its NOT cancer until the biopsy says it is. Try your best to go about your regular life. Even if it would turn out to be cancer, it is not an automatic death sentence.

Wishing you all the very best with this. Please let us know how you make out with the biopsy.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma