Whenever it comes to the topic of depression, I seldom hesitate to chime in as I went through severe depression for almost 6 months that nearly killed me. I agree with others that depression is sometimes more scary than the cancer itself but it is curable.Seremon, of course, as a caregiver, you are already burnt out seeing your husband suffering so much and it seems there is little you can do. No matter how hard it is, you can't let yourself fall into deprssion because you are the only one who can stand by your husband right now. There are a lot of success experiences shared on this forum and your ventilation here can certainly help a lot. It is important that your husband seeks medical counselling and takes anti-depressants regularly. The medicince takes at least 2 to 3 weeks to have effect on a patient's body. I have taken anti-depressants for one and a half years and even though I am considered 'cured' from my depression now, I still need to consult my psychiatrist once every 3 months. Be patient!

Karen

Karen stage 4B (T3N3M0)tonsil cancer diagnosed in 9/2001.Concurrent chemo-radiation treatment ( XRT x 48 /Cisplatin x 4) ended in 12/01. Have been in remission ever since.