Danielle, Im so sorry your update was not a better one. Recovery takes a long time, always much longer than the patient is happy with.

Your boyfriends nausea could be from the formula. Usually the main reasons it upsets the stomach are how thick it is or the speed its being delivered. By slowing down the feeding and adding a few ounces of extra water to it should o the trick.

Its very common for OC patients to struggle with depression. Many patients have trouble adjusting to all the changes and facing their own mortality. Its nothing to be ashamed of to need help getting thru it, most do even quite a few caregivers end up taking anxiety meds.

I felt so bad when you felt like you werent appreciated. Im sure your boyfriend appreciates everything you have done for him but might not always show it. Especially when he is having problems with depression, seeing the whole picture is not something he is able to manage. I agree with you about being depressed, its not good going into rads and chemo like this. I really hope your boyfriend is one of the luck few who sail right thru treatments with barely any side effects. Ive noticed those who focus the most on their intake have the least problems with their side effects.

Hang in there! Your boyfriend should be making some progress soon and hopefully will snap out of this low point.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma