Danielle, sorry about what you and your boyfriend are going through. It really isn't easy. I have had the support of a therapist for the last two years and the most valuable lesson I have learned is "to indulge him." Your boyfriend has a lot on his plate and it is extremely hard not to be angry, self-conscious (hence not wanting to see his friends, etc), and sad. He's probably feeling that he is the most unlucky person in the world right now. That makes it very hard for him to do what he should do for his own health, much as you may push. It is easier not to get angry with him when you tell yourself "I should indulge him and give him more space right now." You will do whatever you are doing for him now no matter what, but telling yourself that you are indulging him will make you less resentful of his lack of effort.

As for the G-tube, up until this past October, John was living on Neutron and he was fine. He got all the essential nutrients from it and was able to maintain his weight despite all the treatments he was getting. If you boyfriend enjoys a cup of coffee or tea, there's no reason why he can't have a few sips of these everyday. He can also have some ice cream or even jello if he wants. It helps to give a sense of normalcy.

John always says I worry too much and indeed, I do the worrying for both of us. But I make it a point that he just needs to focus on his treatment and he knows that and appreciates it.

Good luck to the both of you. I have you on my mind.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.