Hi AK - So glad you found this great place to be. Everyone here helped my son and me when he was at the same place. My son had a sore under his tongue, left side for about 6 months before he went to a doctor who referred him to an oral surgeon and then a Maxillofacial surgeon. It was a Stage 2 and he was treated with surgery and radiation and is doing fine now 7 years later. It helps to have someone else go with you when you see the doctors so that they can help you and your brother remember what was said or take notes. It does help to read up on everything on the main pages, especially where it says "Diagnosis" and can help you formulate questions for the doctors or for anyone here. Hope everything goes well with your appointment today. Check back often and let us know how your brother is doing.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)