Day one after Cisplatin and I'm feeling pretty wrecked. The nausea is pretty incredible as is the acid reflux created by, I suspect, the steroids they're using for anti-nausea. Two rads in, no major issues ther (yet) so that's good.

Tomorrow the Cisplatin hangover is supposed to be at its worst, or maybe day 3. One way or another, I will need to eat tomorrow. Barely ate today but drank probably about 60 oz of water and ginger ale. This nausea really sucks.

Hanging touh but hating how I feel, I'm going to try and get some more sleep and hope for the best in the morning. Maybe I'll get my nausea out of cycle and tomorrow or Sunday will be better!

Gotta say, giving cancer the beat down is not a fault free process. I think I might switch careers to chemo research -- there has got to be a better way!

Anyone have any anti-nausea recommendations? I have been doing ginger ale and ginger candies in conjunction with antacids to control some of the most intense heartburn.

The problem, however, is that I feel like I can barely hold down the liquids, to say nothing of eating real food.

Any advice is appreciated -- about 600 calories today which is pathetic, but I held down the water so at least my dehydration risk is low.

The Hellion

SCC Base of Tongue
Diagnosed 3/5/2014 T2N2C
PEG Installed 3/19/2014
Chemo/Rad 3/27/2014
1x Cisplatin, 4+ TaxoCarboplat + 33 * 70 gy
Chemo FINISHED 5/5/2014
Rads FINISHED
PEG tube removed 10/08/14
Back to work 4 Aug full time
1/19/15 - diagnosed mets to lungs
7/17/15 began Pembrolizumab clinical trial demitted October 2015