Tony,

I am really hopeful that my body will react less violently to radiation than some. I know it's unlikely, but one never knows. I'm holding out hope that I get super-powers. It has to happen eventually. Obviously, the Wolverine's would be pretty handy right about now.

In general, despite my initial post, I'm pretty positive. I'm scared, I'm sad, I'm worried about the pain and side-effects, but i'm not much of a quitter and I really have nothing to lose with this -- I know the outcome if I lose, so the onlyl real option is winning.

That said, I expect I'll have some pretty bad days. I think that's natural and probably quite fair. I have lived a life full of bad days, though, and I'm pretty sure I'll get through them. One thing I live for is to spit back in the face of adversity.

Thanks for the advice and well wishes, and importantly, the promise of support. I like the anonymoty of this medium -- it makes being a whiner just a little bit easier. Since I have no intention of accepting sympathy from anyone I know in person (it embarrasses me) I'll come here to whine. Since I know my sense of humor puts some of my mates off, I'll come here to tell my sick jokes (don't worry, I only make sick jokes about myself). When you guys tire of me, you can always put me on ignore! smile

The Hellion

Last edited by TheHellion; 03-19-2014 07:45 AM.

SCC Base of Tongue
Diagnosed 3/5/2014 T2N2C
PEG Installed 3/19/2014
Chemo/Rad 3/27/2014
1x Cisplatin, 4+ TaxoCarboplat + 33 * 70 gy
Chemo FINISHED 5/5/2014
Rads FINISHED
PEG tube removed 10/08/14
Back to work 4 Aug full time
1/19/15 - diagnosed mets to lungs
7/17/15 began Pembrolizumab clinical trial demitted October 2015
1/14/16 began Tremi-MEDI trial